Welcome

-This is my page where I intend to share my thoughts and ideas. Some of what I post is like the paintings of René Magritte (there is no meaning intended in them). Some things I post will hopefully spark a thought in you that will lead to something good. I have stories, essays, poems, et cetera. I hope you enjoy what I've written.
-More important than that though, is what you think. Please, I encourage you to share your thoughts. Leave comments after each post to tell what's going on in your head. (click on the word "comments" below the post to do this) Don't worry too much about making sense or sounding sane, just share whatever thoughts are passing through your brain. You can go ahead and be completely random if you like. You don't even have to agree with everything you say. This is a place where your thoughts are welcome.
-You can also read comments that others have left, and leave comments that relate to those comments. Have a discussion. When you leave a comment, make sure the "e-mail follow up comments to..." box is checked so that you'll be updated if anyone else has a comment regarding the thoughts you share.
---S.Z.Q.Salway

Looking Glass Eyes's Facebook Wall

Temporal and Non-Temporal Eternity

>Behold this particle, an immortal substance, a being which has always existed and will continue to exist for all Time. It is immortal, for its time did not begin and will not end. Its life is eternal... but only temporally eternal.
>Behold this truth, a material non-substance, a being which exists only outside of Time, having no past nor future. It is immortal, for it is above the beginning and end of Time. Its life is eternal... even non-temporally eternal.
>Behold this temporally immortal being, who is like a book that has always been sitting on the shelf and always will, whilst dust whirls in the air about it and the library cracks, is repaired, and cracks again. Remember that it sits there still.
>Behold this non-temporally immortal being who wrote in this book during mortality and then was erased by Death from spatiotemporal existence; having seen during mortality his own heart crack like the heavens giving birth, repair like an atonement of another generation, and crack again to communicate an end to this galaxy. Remember that it has transcended spatiotemporal existence.

>Know that that which is spatiotemporally existent is only here and now, even if it continues forever with here and now; but that which is spatiotemporally non existent (nowhere), but is non-temporally eternal, is omnipresent; for even as Time itself is present in one consideration and not another, so is its siblings who may be read inside of it but who exist outside of it. Note that the afore mentioned particle walks endlessly within Time as its child, but the afore mentioned truth walks ever alongside it as its sibling.
>Now understand the words used to communicate non-temporally eternal events do not actually discuss events. For example, an afore mentioned immortal child of Time may be birthed by time, but of course it never *was* birthed by time, rather it *is* birthed by time, for the truth of the family relationship between Time and a temporally eternal particle is a non-temporally eternal truth. See now that that which occurs "in the beginning" of a non-temporally eternal event is omnipresently occurring "in the beginning," not only in the past. May this add to your perspective and increase the value of knowledge you continue to receive.

3 comments:

  1. >Aside, also notice that in the broadness of You there is transitory matter, temporally eternal matter, and non-temporally eternal matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading a lot of your philosophical inquiry's of late. I Spent many years in such thought and reading the words of men who sought to understand life but knew not God. Sebastian, I loved to study the words of man and I found great intellectual challenge in them. Then I remembered who I am and what these philosophical minds failed to realize, namely who they where, Children of God. It struck me that all the mental activity of studding the universe was a wast of time when I could read the words of the prophets and find answers instead of questions. This revelation is one that I hope you may find and then by your great understanding of the philosophy of man you may find the deep philosophy in theology and may find great answers for the world. Indeed If you continue to ask your questions once you know the answer your beautiful writing style and and deep contemplation of the issues will continue to find a Socratic method of leading others to the savior. Thank you Sebastian for your questions and your thoughts. Questioning and thinking with you has improved my testimony and prayer has solidified it.

    I recently had a Temple recommend interview where in I complained that I only had a testimony strong enough to say I "believe" or I "think" But never I "know". I had a good talk with my priesthood leader and I felt the spirit. I left the meeting still only able to say I "believe" in most cases however there are some things that I "know" and that knowledge comes from God in such a way that no philosophy can discount it for it is not mere personal awareness it is Truth eternal. I will likely have questions all my life, and I will ask them and ponder them but I have an advantage over the philosophers for I know that God lives and answers prayers even if the answer is "no" or "not yet". For some things we simply don't need to know in this world and pondering them takes us away from other more useful endeavors.

    By this I do not mean to discourage your pondering only to point out that your pondering may be better aided if coupled with prayer, scriptures and the words of our later-day prophets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.

    I have only recently begun to look at any philosophies of men (other than myself), and indeed the most valuable ones by far are the ones of men who learned their philosophies through the Spirit.

    Of course, before moving any spirit of my ponderings from a state of "I am entertained by" to a state of "I believe" is a prayerful thing, but as I can't type in belief, I settle for typing in letters. These communicate ideas to be entertained, and hopefully profited from. As for the motion from "I believe" to "I know," well knowing is not a thing I think or speak, it's what I am when I am.

    Thank you again for your thoughts. What specifically about my writing (or otherwise) prompted them?

    ReplyDelete

What's going through your mind after reading that? Write it here, along with anything else that maybe almost at least vaguely relevant.