Welcome

-This is my page where I intend to share my thoughts and ideas. Some of what I post is like the paintings of René Magritte (there is no meaning intended in them). Some things I post will hopefully spark a thought in you that will lead to something good. I have stories, essays, poems, et cetera. I hope you enjoy what I've written.
-More important than that though, is what you think. Please, I encourage you to share your thoughts. Leave comments after each post to tell what's going on in your head. (click on the word "comments" below the post to do this) Don't worry too much about making sense or sounding sane, just share whatever thoughts are passing through your brain. You can go ahead and be completely random if you like. You don't even have to agree with everything you say. This is a place where your thoughts are welcome.
-You can also read comments that others have left, and leave comments that relate to those comments. Have a discussion. When you leave a comment, make sure the "e-mail follow up comments to..." box is checked so that you'll be updated if anyone else has a comment regarding the thoughts you share.
---S.Z.Q.Salway

Looking Glass Eyes's Facebook Wall

Experemental Mode of Writing

A man on the edge of the ocean waits to tell his mother goodbye, but an old friend...
Slippery was the white which whashed upon the grains
like salt too heavy to dissolve.
It reminded him of a gritty sort of soup,
or a sugarjar in the m i l k.
Drifting on a child's sail, he lost his footing.
No more was the wooden green floating
nor the heavy salt slurping,
for now the children where laughing,
like roadways of dying.
Trees drinking applejuice, with
icecubes
or cherries that can't see.
So our eyes lie on the sidewalk, while our feet dangle
in
    the
            sky was partly cloudy with no chance or rain,
only the occasional mist in droplet form,
taken twice a day and once before evenings
wherein the lady rocked on a needle chair
sipping her tea from accross the bay
where all the mothers ask their children
"What will you say today?"
and all the children answer
once in a while
when the sky is a little less wet
-ed by the tears of the girl who wasn't asked
until the lady in the needle chair
finished her tea
and asked me
"What will you say today?"
The man was shaken from his thoughts by a cold
touch
of wind upon his skin. Paper fluttered.
Longer legs than a treetrunk slipped like a
tiger
,a madman on his day off,
coming through the brush with - an - U m b r e l l a
in - his - hand.
"How's the reflection shifting today old chap?"
Murrmer murm, murmer mermur murmer Mermering
mermer muremir mermir mirmure mirmur merm,
murmur thus "Said the waiting man."
"Is That So!?" Cackled the floor planks,
"Well I think it's fine for a drownin'!"
He smiled warmly as he might,
"Th'flection's shimmered by a cold wind.
I sha'n't stay under so long's to see."
The treetrunk of a tiger dropped his paw
colder still
on the back of his neck.
"December is coming, count with me."
Ten they said together.
Thus several seconds passed away
while a whispering blade of grass learned to play flute.
"Did you see the ircksome lad?"
"Nay, buta fine'n on t'porch.
Delivered me mail twice a days-back."
A moments hesitation
putting on face,
"Well that's grand! Whatcha get fur jingles?"
"Two pence anna 'alf."
"Ah! Now I gotta one fur twenty!
Mind yur blather's twice tha' in a forenights kelp."
He lowered his eyes.
"Whatta de-matter?"
"M-m-m."
"Spit yer neh-ah-uhhh..."
"My own matters."
He stood a little resolved and half dizzied as the grass
finally learned D minor.
The water lapped upon green wood
and spires of splinters spat salty spittle
uppon grey trousers.
"So be it."
They stood in silence.
The sun argued with the moon as to weather,
and whether the stars could stay.
The shore insisted that they must go home,
for they where turning purple it supper's air.
"She was on the line." Spoke he finally.
"Yeah, and we all wher-
"NO... my line."
'''
"Ah. Go on mah friend. Go on."
"There was the we, standin'
and she said to me,
'What will you say today?'
and so it was..."
and so it was
he lost his footonthe cloud again,
that all I finally knew
all the others accross the bay had no socks
save for the red pear in the heavens,
'tween the East and South mountains
where it rose e'vry Saturday morning from the East
and settled down for a nap every night in the West
so that we could sleep despite its spiteless radiance...
"What's the point! Ah was there."
,,¡ʇɐds spǝǝs ǝɥʇ puıɯ,,
The crooked cane quivered.
Tiger trunks eyelids like a tongue barely pushed
or a nostril breathed through
or a pin in, but not through, the evening news
showed us that this was not the man's usual.
(Indeed, he preferred jam over jelly.)
His eyes
            turned
                down
cast    to    the    ground.
                                                "Sorry"
"Don't ye ' me ya! Take a trike fer breakin'!"
Gazing like an english muffin,
a seagull in the rain,
he was an unshaking figure silhouetted against
purple sea.
"I  await  her."
The cruel one grinned.
"Come now, you wait in vein on'sploaded veins!"
    Veins (indeed).
"Do ya really think there's any time to be gained
on a salted plane
in the middle of a winter's hour?"
Slippery was the white which washed upon the grains
like salt to heavy to dissolve.
He lifted his eyes,
"Yes."

10 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish blogger (and for that matter, most we applications) wouldn't mess up my formatting when I post. I had to go to a bit of trouble to fix the larger issues, but there's still a lot of this that was lost. I understand that html coding... maybe I can do that... I'll try playing with the HTML (like I did to adjust the margin size on the page), and see if I can repost it correctly.
    Anyway, I sent a message that there was a new LGE post, referring to the one below, but this one's new to, so, yeah. Experimental mode of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think the formatting is mostly fixed now. I had to go through and delete one hundred and twenty eight line break tags from the script because apparently, Blogger doesn't even understand HTML formatting. (Moreover, the way it understands it is different from the way google docs understands it, even though they're both Google now. Yet another example of how Google is not integrated with Google. But it's ok, 'cause at least they get the job done, unlike some monopolies we know.) Anyway, after manually deleting the 128 tags, Blogger decided to automatically replace those tags with a hundred new tags, these ones massively longer and more destructive. (Removed all my formatting.) Fortunately though, it was at this point that I finally got smart and made a google doc which I instructed to find and replace every line break tag with a space, inserted my Blogger supported version of a certain line, then pasted that in. I think it's fine now. Could have been worse. Could have been impossible. But I'm happy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read thinking become difficult. If there was a theme to it I missed it because by the time I got half way through I could not connect the beginning and when I got to the end I lost the middle. It was however, good writing and I would love to see the same style with a serious string throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Tag me as officially insane. This one made me think of a couple of old sailors chatting it out on the boardwalk at the beach and both of them a bit senile in their memories. I'm not sure what the first part about the children had to do with any of it and I'm tired so will have to read it again to see if there was more to it I might somehow comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that it was fairly clear. I came up with the idea of writing this way after reading a bit of Ulysses, by James Joyce. It's supposed to take some effort to understand.
    I would like to write a book in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would stay away from this style. I wasn't tired when I read it and it didn't make alot of sense. I wouldn't want your brain to work this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this again today and was able to see a thread through it a little. I like the style but perhaps a heavier hand of continuity of story would be good.
    Per chance did you have inspiration from the one long sentence writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The proper formating made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I don't think I'll use this exact formatting later. It was based loosely off of some of James Joyce's style, and as I've been reading much more of Ulysses and other writing in creative styles, I think I'm developing better ways now.
    And I noticed some typo's: that should be, "for they were turning purple in supper's air."
    It's about a nice but shy man waiting on a dock by the ocean, and thoughts drifting through his mind about childhood and such. Then a "friend" of his comes by and starts harassing him, but he finally sticks up for himself a little. That and all the details throughout, the wind, a few momentary expressions and sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And yeah, the flow of one idea into the next, sort of stream of consciousness like, drew from the one long sentence writing style some.

    ReplyDelete

What's going through your mind after reading that? Write it here, along with anything else that maybe almost at least vaguely relevant.