Welcome

-This is my page where I intend to share my thoughts and ideas. Some of what I post is like the paintings of René Magritte (there is no meaning intended in them). Some things I post will hopefully spark a thought in you that will lead to something good. I have stories, essays, poems, et cetera. I hope you enjoy what I've written.
-More important than that though, is what you think. Please, I encourage you to share your thoughts. Leave comments after each post to tell what's going on in your head. (click on the word "comments" below the post to do this) Don't worry too much about making sense or sounding sane, just share whatever thoughts are passing through your brain. You can go ahead and be completely random if you like. You don't even have to agree with everything you say. This is a place where your thoughts are welcome.
-You can also read comments that others have left, and leave comments that relate to those comments. Have a discussion. When you leave a comment, make sure the "e-mail follow up comments to..." box is checked so that you'll be updated if anyone else has a comment regarding the thoughts you share.
---S.Z.Q.Salway

Looking Glass Eyes's Facebook Wall

Standin' on th'Wall

On the wall I stall and look down to the ground.
All the people there are looking so fair... what do they wear?
It's hard to see from here, I fear, if they sneer or smile. I'll watch them for a while.
From here I see what we be, but not what we really are.
I see as I saw, as they see, a sight different and incomplete.
From here on the wall I feel a little tall,
but there on the ceiling where the paint is peeling I've got a feeling...
There's a river below sliding slow, though not so slow as a slug I know.
The slug the snail and the letter in the mail, it's all my tale.
The cats in green wear different hats, walking on the same mats.
I wore the same different hat, here where I sat,
so I stood and tossed it down, and saw a bald man stoop down, seeing it was brown, he put it on.
Now there's a man in a brown hat in a sea of green, easily seen if you're looking.
Without reading the news, I didn't think to check their shoes.

4 comments:

  1. I like the flow of this. I'm listening to the Rolling Stones "Mothers little Helper" on your site while I read and I cant help but make this poem lyrical. It would be cool to hear this sung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couple of misspelled words at the end. Wear should be "where" I sat. And your should be "you're" looking.
    Other than that, I really like this piece. It flows well after the photo above as he seems to be standing on a wall. I'm enjoying seeing your creativity expand! Keep it up!
    --gammaruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I fixed em. If there's any more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That could easily have been the lyrics of a Beatles song.

    ReplyDelete

What's going through your mind after reading that? Write it here, along with anything else that maybe almost at least vaguely relevant.